Customers who wear plus size clothing are the new focus at Myer with the roll out of 30 newly designed departments catering for women size 14 plus.
A revamped curated ¬ collection of brand names targeted for plus-size women introduced in Melbourne the other day with the opening of the very first City Chic concession store.
Karen Brewster, Myer's group general manager of clothing, states City Chic is a recognized contemporary plus-size label that includes denim through to mixed drink and evening dress.
"Ladies of all sizes want to be up to date and fashionable and this is type in the brand-new department," she says.
In addition to City Chic, Taking Shape, Estelle, Basque Woman, Mink Jeans, Levi's, Maggie T, Yarra Path and Regatta will comprise the new "one stop shop".
Popular curvy model Laura Wells says a devoted department featuring a variety of labels and designs has been desperately required.
"I've seen that over 8 years modelling the demand for plus size has actually grown tremendously. There is absolutely a demand there," she states.
"For me, it's trying to find something that is engineered to fit my curves.".
Specially trained personnel, a bigger number of large size mannequins sporting the brand-new season looks and sleeker merchandising will all be crucial components of the new departments to present over the next 12 months.
Myer is releasing the large size ladies' style department with a unique occasion. Laura Wells will model and offer styling ideas along with workshops, personal buyers on hand, refreshments a DJ and unique one night only provides.
Top 5 plus-size dressing pointers:
1. Look at your lingerie or plus size evening wear and your shape beneath clothing. Discover something you are comfortable in and is helpful.
2. Accessorise your attire to match exactly what you're wearing. It can likewise step up an attire from casual to more official.
3. Constantly add colour, we tend to see a lot of black over winter. There are numerous stunning pops of colour you can add.
4. Wear clothing that is true to your size and emphasizes the part of your body you do like.
5. Trend thoughtfully. Not all patterns match everybody. Try it and give it a go, if it does not work return to exactly what you enjoy.